We are very happy to announce that our new mobile game Illumination will be released this year on Friday 20th December!
What is Ilumination?
Illumination is our next game available on iOS and Android. The aim of the game is to construct electrical circuits with wires and various logic gates to illuminate the correct bulb. At first, the levels are easy – but the difficulty rises quickly, teaching the fundamentals of boolean circuits.
The past two months have gone by quick! With exams for everyone in our team, we have been very busy. Despite this, lots of work has been made on our game Kedian Interspace…
We have been focusing on the game mechanics and programming, with these nearly being completed. Now the aim is to develop our artwork, sound effects and music to a high standard, after which the game will be released in a public beta.
We are hoping to release this beta in the next month or so. Our original release date was the 14th August, our company’s first birthday, but this may need to be delayed due to other commitments of all the developers.
Our other game Illumination has also been coming along well. This is a simpler game than Kedian Interspace, which some of us are working on at the same time. The public beta and release dates are looking the same though, with us hoping to release the beta within a month.
As part of our vigorous testing scheme, once we have ironed out all the bugs we can, we release the games as public betas. This means that anyone, including you, can download the game early and help us in the game development process by bringing any broken features to our attention.
Once these betas are released, we’ll post another blog post, but if you would like to get involved, you can join the Vanadium Games Testing Programme by clicking here. This is the same testing program as we used for The Stacks, so if you already enrolled then, you won’t need to again.
More about the Team
All in all, the two months of May and June haven’t seen much progress. However, many things have been being developed in the background between our other commitments. Once we start finalising our art and music, we will be able to post these on our various social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, so follow these to keep updated.
See you next time!
We recently updated The Stacks to version 1.0.14 on the App Store and Google Play. This was a fairly minor update, with only advertisement and logo changes as well as more language support on the App Store.
- Updated Vanadium Games logo.
- Updated the splash screen to show an image of The Stacks in the background.
- Changed advertisements to show a skippable interstitial advert every 3-4 plays.
- Updated language support on the App Store with having App Store descriptions in Spanish, French
This update should be available to download now.
We have recently released a new update on the App Store which addresses a few bugs:
- A bug where jumping could glitch out
- A bug where the game crashed if there was no internet
- Making the German translation more accurate
- A level being impossible to pass if there was only one ladder being blocked by a kidnapper – now there will at least be two ladders
We are currently having issues with Android, so the update will be released on there later. Follow us on social media to find out when!
We recently released update 0.9.21 to The Stacks. This update contains many bug fixes and recommendations from our group of beta testers.
- Changed the way that the game speeds up to an exponential scale instead of speeding up linearly after the first 10 levels
- Added 2 new languages – French and German
- Removed quit button on mobile versions
- Decreased the waiting time when starting a new game
- Added a restart button when the player loses a game so that they do not need to wait for the full 5 seconds
- Tweaked the speeds and controls of the player
- Various background optimizations
- Bug fixes
- Fixed ladder bugs where the player could not go up a ladder or the player received a very high force when ascending a ladder
- Fixed bug where the game sometimes continued playing during rewarded video adverts – the player must now press a button to continue the game
- Fixed a bug where the player got stuck on the edge of a building or was suspended in the air after a post-advert restart
- Fixed a bug where the player would get a failed advert message when using a rewarded video advert, even if the advert did show
- Fixed a bug where the player could spam the jump button to get a glitchy double jump
- Other bug fixes
The Stacks is nearly ready to be released on mobile but is currently still in beta. If you would like to join our testing programme, please click here.
Alternatively, you can play The Stacks online in your browser. This only works on a PC.
Lead Game Developer