We recently released update 0.9.21 to The Stacks. This update contains many bug fixes and recommendations from our group of beta testers.
- Changed the way that the game speeds up to an exponential scale instead of speeding up linearly after the first 10 levels
- Added 2 new languages – French and German
- Removed quit button on mobile versions
- Decreased the waiting time when starting a new game
- Added a restart button when the player loses a game so that they do not need to wait for the full 5 seconds
- Tweaked the speeds and controls of the player
- Various background optimizations
- Bug fixes
- Fixed ladder bugs where the player could not go up a ladder or the player received a very high force when ascending a ladder
- Fixed bug where the game sometimes continued playing during rewarded video adverts – the player must now press a button to continue the game
- Fixed a bug where the player got stuck on the edge of a building or was suspended in the air after a post-advert restart
- Fixed a bug where the player would get a failed advert message when using a rewarded video advert, even if the advert did show
- Fixed a bug where the player could spam the jump button to get a glitchy double jump
- Other bug fixes
The Stacks is nearly ready to be released on mobile but is currently still in beta. If you would like to join our testing programme, please click here.
Alternatively, you can play The Stacks online in your browser. This only works on a PC.
Lead Game Developer